Welcome to the Oasis Academy Foundry Early Years phase!
We warmly welcome you into our family.
We offer morning session Nursery: 8.45am – 11.45am
Here at Oasis Academy Foundry we provide a creative curriculum based around the Cornerstones Curriculum.
Nursery and Reception is planned to include all seven areas of learning outlined in the Early Years Foundation Scheme (EYFS) framework. These are PSED, Physical Development, Communications and Language, Maths, Literacy, Understanding of the World, Expressive Art and Design. Effective early learning is promoted in the Academy’s Early Years curriculum, through playing and exploring, creating and thinking critically, and active learning.
Throughout school, we want our parents to be fully involved in the education we deliver to their children. We know that it takes a community to fully raise a child, and will therefore be sharing information with you throughout our journey together. This includes curriculum overviews, where you will learn about the topics that we are covering in school throughout the academic year.
With the new National Curriculum being introduced by the Government this year (2014-2015) we have been working hard to refresh our school approach and provision for pupils. As part of this of this work we have decided to implement the new Cornerstones Curriculum, a nationally recognised approach for delivering outstanding learning opportunities for children.
Reception Curriculum Overview
The EYFS Curriculum is divided into seven areas of learning and development:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
There are 4 principles which underpin our Foundation Stage curriculum:
- A unique child - every child is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- Positive relationships - so that children can feel safe and cared for.
- Enabling environments - we provide a rich and varied environment which supports children's learning and development. It gives them the confidence to explore and learn in a secure and safe yet challenging, indoor and outdoor space.
- Learning and development - Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates. In their play, children learn at their highest levels. We provide wide ranging and varied activities that engage and involve the children for sustained periods.