Initial Training at Foundry
Why train with us?
Oasis Academy Foundry offers excellent school-based learning in partnership with Newman University in Birmingham. Since winning the prestigious ‘School or Academy of the Year’, with Investors in Diversity, in February 2017, Oasis Academy Foundry have committed to ensuring that the teachers coming through their training scheme will be highly skilled and knowledgeable practitioners that are passionate about truly making a difference to the life chances of young people.
Having achieved a ‘Good’ Ofsted inspection with an ‘Outstanding’ judgement in Personal Development and Welfare, this school is unique when it comes to teaching and learning in primary education. Alongside training at Oasis Academy Foundry, one of the few ‘Schools of Sanctuary’ in Birmingham, trainees will have the opportunity to undertake placements with a respectable and high-performing network of primary schools in our regional academy family; each providing a variety of experiences in the academic and pastoral curriculums. Like Oasis Academy Foundry, they all share the same inclusive ethos and all aspire to the Oasis offer of exceptional education at the heart of the community. The academies in the group are:
- Oasis Academy Woodview in central Birmingham
- Oasis Academy Hobmoor in the Yardley area of Birmingham
- Oasis Academy Short Heath in Erdington, Birmingham
- Oasis Academy Blakenhale in the Garrett’s Green area of Birmingham
- Oasis Academy Boulton in Winson Green, Birmingham (just a short walk from Oasis Academy Foundry)
- Oasis Academy Warndon for those trainees for whom Worcester is a preferable destination in the Midlands
Our teachers have a proven record in training and professional development, and are keen to share their skills to develop the next generation of teachers
For further information on these specific academies and for more on Oasis, please visit www.oasiscommunitylearning.org