The Oasis Community Learning (OCL) family of Academies are split into five regions of England – London and the South East, the South Coast, the Midlands, the South West and the North.
Each Academy ensures local governance through an Academy Council, whilst national governance is delivered through the OCL National Office, and Regional Directors (RDs).
Each region is supported by at least one RD who is accountable to the CEO of OCL, and accountable for the Principals of Academies in their region.
The job of a Regional Director is to:
- Oversee regional delivery of education, including standards and leadership as well as performance outcomes
- Ensure professional governance across all Academies in their region
- Monitor Academy budgets and escalations
- Monitor and escalate high risk HR cases, IT services issues, property and estates, new business and capital project issues
- Monitor, audit and intervene on safeguarding issues and health and safety issues
The Regional Director academies within the Midlands region is Paul Tarry.
Paul joined the Oasis family of Academies in 2013 as Principal of Oasis Academy Hobmoor. During his time as Leader at Hobmoor he also worked as an Executive Principal and Lead Principal for Oasis.
Prior to working for Oasis, Paul led three different schools and worked in leadership positions around the country. Paul was privileged to be part of leadership teams that took two schools too outstanding.
Paul took on the role of Regional Director in the Midlands in January 2018. As Regional Director he is directly responsible for the eight Academies in the Midlands and also leads the MAT in Technology and Innovation and Promotion of the Oasis Ethos and Nine Habits.
To read more about the governance structure, please click here.