The Oasis Community Learning (OCL) family of Academies are split into five regions of England – London and the South East, the South Coast, the Midlands, the South West and the North.
Each academy ensures local governance through a Hub Council, whilst national governance is delivered through the OCL National Office, and Regional Directors (RDs).
Each region is supported by at least one RD who is accountable to the CEO of OCL, and accountable for the Principals of academies in their region.
The job of a Regional Director is to:
- Oversee regional delivery of education, including standards and leadership as well as performance outcomes
- Ensure professional governance across all Academies in their region
- Monitor Academy budgets and escalations
- Monitor and escalate high risk HR cases, IT services issues, property and estates, new business and capital project issues
- Monitor, audit and intervene on safeguarding issues and health and safety issues
The Regional Director academies within the Midlands region from September 2020 is Dr. Herminder Channa, OBE.
Herminder chose teaching as a profession because she was driven by the desire to make a difference to childrens' lives. Before joining us here at Oasis she was an Executive Principal for Ark in Birmingham and a key member of the Headteacher Reference Group (HTRG).
In 2020 Herminder was awarded an OBE for her services to education, and the transformation she had made to schools.
To read more about the governance structure, please click here