Sport Premium Funding
What is the Sports Premium?
In April 2013 the Government announced new funding of £150 million for Physical Education (PE) and sport. This funding should be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision. Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and Sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
As of 2017-18, the sport Premium has doubled and Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
Purpose of Funding
Schools and academies must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but schools have been given the freedom to choose how they do this. A list of possible uses has been suggested.
Oasis Academy Foundry has decided to use the money to:
- Employ a PE coordinator to work alongside out teachers when teaching PE in order to strengthen teaching and learning in this subject across the academy
- Support and engage the least active children in physical activities
- Pay for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- Increase pupils&; participation in the sports and physical activities
- Provide places for pupils on after school sports clubs
- Improve resources to support the development of the subject
Above you will find our report for our Sports Premium Funding 2018-2019.
Key information included within the report includes:
- How much we recieved
- How we are spending the money this year
- How our premium programme has affected our pupil's PE and sport participation and attainment
- How we intend to ensure these improvements are sustainable.